Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I think when we hear the word "healthy" we all have different opinions of what that actually means. When I hear healthy I think of body, mind, and soul. Once all of these are in balance then I truly believe we have obtained health.

In my opinion, when women constantly feel the need to meet societies standard of what beautiful is or try to fit a mold of what a women should be, it creates an unhealthy balance in our system. Society is sending out a message that if you don't look this certain way then you don't have any value. It took me a long time to feel that I am beautiful and have alot to offer even though I may not meet societies standards of beauty. I say screw that standard!

The Today Show had girls on there who are redefining beautiful by going make-up free one day a week. See video here:http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39775094/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty.

These girls got the idea from Operation Beautiful. This website is awesome and I think it is so exiting that women and even men are starting to redefine this term. See the official operation beautiful website here:http://operationbeautiful.com/

What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you feel that society is setting an unrealistic image of what beautiful is? Do you think it is getting better?

No comments:

Post a Comment